Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment. There is also the units’ popup menu in the bottom right-hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS screen.
How do I change units in SOLIDWORKS 2017?
In the application, you can change these settings for individual documents and for your document templates.
- Unit system for individual documents, go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units.
- Dimension standard for individual documents, go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Detailing.
How do I change units in SOLIDWORKS 2021?
Setting Default Units
- Click Simulation > Options.
- On the Default Options tab, select Units.
- Under Unit system, select a unit system. …
- Under Units, select specific units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.
How do I change units in SOLIDWORKS 2019?
To set units options:
- Click Simulation > Options. …
- Under Unit system, select SI (International System of Units), English (U.S. Customary Unit System), or Metric (gravitational system of units).
- Under Units, select the desired units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.
How do I change units in SOLIDWORKS?
It is sometimes required to change the unit system of a particular file. This can be done by changing the Units settings from Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units. The same menu can be accessed in the bottom right hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS window.
How do I change the size of a part in SOLIDWORKS?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
Where are SOLIDWORKS Tools?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars: Right-click in the window border, click Toolbars, and select or clear a toolbar name. Click Tools > Customize.
How do you extrude in SOLIDWORKS?
Click Convert to Extrusion (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > 2D to 3D > Extrude, and click in the graphics area to establish the direction of the extrusion. The Base-Extrude PropertyManager appears. Edit the properties in the Base Extrude PropertyManager.
How do I change the default document properties in SOLIDWORKS?
To change the default template:
- Click Options or Tools > Options.
- Select Default Templates.
- Click the appropriate browse button (Parts, Assemblies, or Drawings).
- In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select the template you prepared and click OK.
- Select one of the following: …
- Click OK.
Which command is used for saving the components designed in SOLIDWORKS?
One of the easiest ways you can design faster is by using SOLIDWORKS keyboard shortcuts.
Most commonly used SOLIDWORKS keyboard shortcuts list.
|Ctrl + A||Makes new assembly from part or assembly|
|Ctrl + S||Save|
How do you pan in SOLIDWORKS?
Scrolls the part, assembly, or drawing in the document window. Click Pan (View toolbar) or View > Modify > Pan, then drag the pointer . Hold down Ctrl and drag.
How do you add relationships in SOLIDWORKS?
(Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Relations > Add to create geometric relations (such as tangent or perpendicular) between sketch entities, or between sketch entities and planes, axes, edges, or vertices. You can choose whether geometric relations are automatically created as you create sketch entities.