How do I change the scale in AutoCAD?
To Change the Scale of a Drawing View
- Move the cursor over the drawing view to edit. The drawing view border appears.
- Click an empty area inside the drawing view. Grips appear.
- Click the lookup grip. A menu appears.
- Select the new scale from the menu.
What is AutoCAD scale?
Scale Factor. Multiplies the dimensions of the selected objects by the specified scale. A scale factor greater than 1 enlarges the objects. A scale factor between 0 and 1 shrinks the objects. You can also drag the cursor to make the object larger or smaller.
How do you find the scale of a drawing in AutoCAD?
To Check the Scale of a Scale Area or Viewport
- Click View tab Viewports panel Scale Monitor. Find. The Scale Monitor dialog box is displayed.
- In the drawing area, move the cursor over the scale area (or a viewport ) and check the Scale Monitor dialog box.
- Press ENTER to exit this command.
How do you calculate scale?
To scale an object to a smaller size, you simply divide each dimension by the required scale factor. For example, if you would like to apply a scale factor of 1:6 and the length of the item is 60 cm, you simply divide 60 / 6 = 10 cm to get the new dimension.