Gmsh is bundled with the FreeCAD installation binaries. Alternatively you can install it separately from FreeCAD and then use the menu Edit → Preferences → FEM → Gmsh to set the path to the gmsh.exe.
How do you simplify mesh in FreeCAD?
- Select one or more mesh objects.
- Press the Mesh Decimating button. Select the Meshes → Decimation…
- The Decimating task panel opens.
- Specify the Reduction: If only one mesh object has been selected and you choose the Absolute number option: …
- Press the OK button to finish the command.
What is mesh in FreeCAD?
FEM mesh generator
In order to create a FEM Mesh, FreeCAD uses Gmsh as the default mesher. For this to work, Gmsh should be installed separately from FreeCAD. If the program is correctly installed, you may run the command gmsh in the terminal to launch the graphical interface of the program.
How do you modify a mesh in FreeCAD?
Open and edit STL files in FreeCAD
- Start FreeCAD and create a new document with File > New,
- In the menu select File > Import and navigate to the mesh file you want to modify. …
- In the dropdown select the Part workbench,
- In the Model window select the imported mesh,
- In the menu select Part > Create shape from mesh…
How do you convert mesh to solid in FreeCAD?
To do this:
- Switch to the Part Workbench.
- Select the mesh, and go to the Part → Create shape from mesh or press the Part ShapeFromMesh button.
- Click OK in the dialog.
- Select the newly created shape.
- Go to Part → Convert to solid.
- Select the newly created solid.
- Go to Part → Refine shape or press the Part RefineShape button.