How do you extract core and cavity in SolidWorks?
Open a part containing a core surface body, a cavity surface body, and a parting surface body. Select a face or plane that is perpendicular to the direction of pull. The selected face or plane is used to define a sketch outline that splits the core and cavity segments. Click Tooling Split (Mold Tools toolbar).
How do you make a mold in SolidWorks 2020?
You can create simple molds using the Cavity tool.
- Optional: Insert the design parts and the mold base into an interim assembly.
- In the assembly window, select the mold base, and click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Click Cavity on the Mold Tools toolbar, or click Insert > Mold > Cavity.
How do you use the cavity feature in Solidworks?
Click Cavity on the Mold Tools toolbar, or click Insert > Mold > Cavity. In the PropertyManager, under Design Components, select the design parts from the FeatureManager design tree. Under Scale Parameters: Select the point about which scaling occurs for Scale about.
How do you use the forming tool in Solidworks?
To create forming tools:
- Create a part to use as a forming tool. …
- Click Forming Tool (Sheet Metal toolbar) or Insert > Sheet Metal > Forming Tool.
- In the PropertyManager, on the Type tab: …
- Select the Insertion Point tab.
- Use dimensions and relations tools to define the insertion point. …
- Click .
Why is cavity grayed out in Solidworks?
Cavity can’t do anything (and will be greyed out) if you have only a single (or no) solid body.
How do you subtract one part from another in Solidworks?
To subtract bodies:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Subtract.
- For Main Body, select the body to keep. …
- For Bodies to Subtract, select the bodies whose material you want to remove.
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do I add a particular line in Solidworks?
To create a parting line:
- Click Parting Lines (Mold Tools toolbar) or Insert > Molds > Parting Line.
- In the Parting Line PropertyManager, set options, then click .
Where is the mold tool in Solidworks?
The Mold Tools toolbar provides tools for creating mold tooling (cores, cavities, etc.) Search ‘Mold Tools Toolbar’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
What is a mold tool?
Injection Mold Tooling
Tooling the plastic injection mold for a project includes sourcing and acquiring all of the mold components and machinery necessary for the job including, jigs, gauges, fixtures, and other equipment. These instruments are critical to the success of the part.
How do you do a draft analysis in Solidworks?
To perform an analysis:
- Click Draft Analysis (Mold Tools toolbar) or View > Display > Draft Analysis. Set analysis parameters and color settings, and then click .
- Click View > Modify > Draft Analysis.
- Click Draft Analysis (View toolbar) or View > Display > Draft Analysis.