What is a relation in Solidworks?
In SOLIDWORKS, relations between sketch entities and model geometry, in either 2D or 3D sketches, are an important means of building in design intent. You can add relations in the following ways: As you sketch, allow the SOLIDWORKS application to automatically add relations. Automatic relations rely on: Inferencing.
How do I edit a relationship in Solidworks?
You can set different external sketch relations in specified configurations. Right-click a sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Edit Sketch. Click Display/Delete Relations on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Relations > Display/Delete.
How do you hide relationships in SOLIDWORKS?
(View toolbar) or View > Hide/Show > Sketch Relations to toggle the display of sketch relations. If you clear View > Hide/Show > Sketch Relations , but you select a sketch entity in an open sketch, the sketch relation icons appear.
How do I convert entities in SOLIDWORKS?
To convert an entity:
- In an open sketch, click a model edge, loop, face, curve, external sketch contour, set of edges, or set of curves. You can also click an entity after clicking the Convert Entities. …
- Click Convert Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, click Select chain to convert all contiguous sketch entities. …
- Click .
What does Coradial mean?
Coradial. Two or more arcs. The items share the same centerpoint and radius. Perpendicular. Two lines.
What does collinear mean in SolidWorks?
Points are aligned horizontally or vertically. Collinear. Two or more lines. The items lie on the same infinite line. Coradial.
What are the sketch relations in SolidWorks?
Sketch relations are geometric constraints between sketch entities or between a sketch entity and a plane, axis, edge, or vertex. Relations can be added automatically or manually.
How do you make a coincident with two lines in Solidworks?
How to Add a Coincident in SolidWorks
- Select a line, point, center line or temporary axis with the left mouse button.
- Hold the “Control” key and select the second line, point or temporary axis by left-clicking it. …
- Click the “Coincident” button in the Add Relations section of the properties box.
How do I add a constraint in Solidworks?
To define assembly constraints:
- Under Tolerance Assembly, select a part to constrain in the simplified assembly. …
- Set the primary constraint by clicking 1 in the callout constraint of plane P6. …
- Set another constraint. …
- Set a tertiary constraint. …
- Click .
How do you create a midpoint relationship in Solidworks?
Add a midpoint relation between the point and the horizontal line: click on the point, shift-click on the horizontal line, and select “Midpoint”. Snap the center of the rectangle to the origin. It should turn black.
How do you pierce in Solidworks 2020?
Changing Pierce Points
In the PropertyManager, under Settings, click Locate Profile. The display zooms to the profile of the structural member. Select any of the vertices or sketch points on the profile. The profile shifts to align the new pierce point with the structural member sketch segment.