Click View tab Create panel (Section). Click Modify | Section tab Properties panel (Type Properties). Click in the value box for the Section Tag parameter, and select a tag from the list. Click OK to save your changes.
How do I add a section head in Revit?
Create a Section Head Family
- Click File tab New Annotation Symbol.
- In the Open dialog, select Section Head. …
- The section head template includes a predefined head. …
- If desired, add text to the symbol by clicking Text panel (Text).
How do you show sections in Revit?
To open the section view, double-click the section header, or select the section view from the Sections grouping of the Project Browser. The section view changes when the design changes or the section line is moved.
How do you name a section line in Revit?
Select an existing Section and hit Edit Type on the Properties box. In the Type Properties box, hit Duplicate. Name your new Section Type.
How do you add a text section in Revit?
Add Model Text
- Set the work plane where you want the text to display.
- Click (Model Text). Architecture tab Model panel (Model Text) …
- In the Edit Text dialog, enter the text, and click OK.
- Place the cursor in the drawing area. …
- Move the cursor to the desired location, and click to place the model text.
How do I change a section tail in Revit?
On the Settings menu, click View Tags > Section Tags. Under Type Parameters, select Section Head and click in the Value field. In the Value drop-down menu, select the new section head family to be used. If you have created a new section tail, you can select the new section tail from the section tail drop-down menu.
What is the purpose of section view in Revit?
Sections views cut through the model. You can draw them in plan, section, elevation, and detail views. Section views display as section representations in intersecting views. Provide views of specific parts of your model.
How do I change the depth of a section in Revit?
Define Depth Cueing
- Open a section or elevation view (Architectural or Coordination discipline only).
- For the best effect and better performance, ensure that Far Clipping is specified for the view: …
- On the View Control Bar, click Visual Style Graphic Display Options.
- Expand Depth Cueing, and select Show Depth.
How do you change the color of a section in Revit?
One way to adjust Revit Section Line style, is to go to the Object Styles (Manage tab on the Ribbon > Object Styles). Then, on the Annotation Objects tab, there is a Category called Section Line. In this row you can change the line color, line pattern and the line width of the Revit Section line.
How do you label a callout in Revit?
Change the Tag of a Callout
- In the parent view, select the callout bubble.
- On the Properties palette, click (Edit Type).
- In the Type Properties dialog, for Callout Tag, select the callout tag to use. If the desired callout tag is not listed, you can create a new callout tag. …
- Click OK to save your changes.