How do you use surfaces in Solidworks?
You can use surfaces in the following ways:
- Select surface edges and vertices to use as a sweep guide curve and path.
- Create a solid or cut feature by thickening a surface.
- Extrude a solid or cut feature with the end condition Up to Surface or Offset from Surface.
How do you use boundary surfaces in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a boundary surface feature, click Boundary Surface (Surface toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, set the PropertyManager options, then click . Curve callouts colors match those used in the PropertyManager. Click callouts to change the Tangent Type.
Why is surface flatten greyed out?
The reason for the “Flatten” icon being greyed out was because the sheet metal part had a “Flat Pattern” annotation view and this annotation view was active. By selecting another annotation view, the “Flatten” icon then becomes available again.
Is ExactFlat free?
ExactFlat Online has a 30 Day trial with FREE downloads of the 2D flat pattern (DXF format). Additional downloads are available via annual subscription, monthly subscription or pay-per-download pricing.
How do you make a flat pattern in Solidworks?
To create a drawing of a flat pattern:
- Open the sheet metal part for which you want to add a drawing.
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly. …
- Select a format or click OK to use the default format.
- From the View Palette, drag the Flat pattern to the drawing sheet. …
- Click .
How do you cut an intersecting body in SolidWorks?
Intersecting Bodies to Modify Part Geometry
- With the part open, click Insert > Features > Intersect .
- For Solids, Surfaces, or Planes, select the bodies to intersect or merge.
- Select Cap planar openings on surfaces to cap flat openings in surfaces.
- Click Intersect. …
- Select regions to exclude. …
- Select options as required:
How do you change a solid surface to a closed solidworks?
To convert a boundary surface into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, and in Options and Preview, click Create solid. To convert a trim-surface feature into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Trim Surface and in Surface Split Options, click Create solid.
How do you thicken a surface in Solidworks?
To thicken a surface:
- Click Thicken (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken.
- In the graphics area, select a Surface to Thicken .
- In the PropertyManager, under Thicken Parameters, select the side of the surface you want to thicken.
What is a surface body solidworks?
Surface body is a general term that describes connected zero-thickness geometries such as single surfaces, knit surfaces, trimmed and filleted surfaces, and so on. You can have multiple surface bodies in a single part.