How do I remove materials from an assembly in SolidWorks?
To remove a material from a part: In a part document, right-click Material in the FeatureManager design tree and select Remove Material. Search ‘Removing a Material’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
Can you edit parts in assembly SolidWorks?
To edit a part while in an assembly: Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. The title bar shows the name of the part in the assembly that is open for editing as
How do I edit a step in Solidworks 2020?
You need to add a feature to the imported body.
- Select the bottom face of the imported body.
- Click Chamfer . …
- Under Chamfer Parameters, make the desired settings and click OK . …
- Right-click Imported1 in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Feature. …
- Click OK. …
- Select the STEP file and click Open.
How do I modify a part in Inventor?
Right-click the part, and then select Edit Feature. Use the sketch and feature commands to add, edit, or delete features. Save the part file. The changes you make are reflected in all occurrences of the part in the assembly file (and other assemblies that use the part).
How do you handle interference in Solidworks assembly?
You can select components to check and set options for types of interferences to find, and then calculate results. To open this PropertyManager: Click Interference Detection (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Interference Detection.
How do you ignore interference in Solidworks simulation?
To ignore interferences less than a selected value: In an assembly document, click Tools > Evaluate > Interference Detection.
How do you limit a mate in Solidworks?
To add a limit mate:
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate.
- Under Mate Selections, select the entities to mate for Entities to Mate .
- In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates: Click Distance or Angle . …
- A LimitDistance or LimitAngle mate is added to the assembly.
How do you determine interference?
To perform an interference check:
- Select the desired items to be checked for interference. To make multiple selections in the scene, hold down the Shift key while clicking at the part editing level. …
- Choose Check Interference from the Tools menu OR from the Tools Fluent Ribbon Bar .
How do I replace a component in Solidworks assembly?
To replace one or more components:
- Do one of the following: Click Replace Components (Assembly toolbar). Click File > Replace. …
- Set options as described below, then click . The selected component instances are replaced. If you chose Manually select, choose the configuration to open in the Configurations dialog box.