How do you create thickness in Solidworks?
Click Thicken (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken. In the graphics area, select a Surface to Thicken . In the PropertyManager, under Thicken Parameters, select the side of the surface you want to thicken. When you select Thicken Both Sides , it adds the Thickness you specify to both sides.
What is thickness analysis?
Use the Thickness Analysis utility to determine different thicknesses of a part. This utility is especially helpful when using thin-walled plastic parts. Identify thick and thin regions of a part (especially for plastic parts and castings) …
What are solidworks parameters?
Parameters Dialog Box
Creates parameters that you can link to model dimensions, global variables, materials, and features from Simulation or Motion studies. You can also edit or delete existing parameters.
How do I cut a surface in Solidworks?
To cut a solid body with a surface or plane: Edit the solid body: In the FeatureManager design tree, click the solid body and click Edit Part. The Edit command might vary depending on the feature you select. Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface.
How do you solidify in Solidworks?
To convert a boundary surface into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, and in Options and Preview, click Create solid. To convert a trim-surface feature into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Trim Surface and in Surface Split Options, click Create solid.
How do you use parameters in SOLIDWORKS?
To access the Parameters dialog box, click Insert > Design Study > Parameters. You can also view defined parameters in the Parameters node of the Simulation study tree. Type a name of the parameter. Define global variables in the Add Equation dialog box.
How do you link parameters in SOLIDWORKS?
Linking Dimension Values Using Link Values
- Right-click the dimension and select Link Values.
- In the Shared Values dialog box, select or type a Name. In addition to the linked variable names you create, global variables are also available for selection under Name. …
- Click OK. …
- Repeat for as many dimensions as needed.
How do I change parameters in SOLIDWORKS?
In the Modify Configurations dialog box, you can add, delete, and unconfigure parameters and edit parameter values. To configure additional parameters from the same feature, click in the feature’s column header, select parameters from the list, and click in a blank area of the dialog box.
How do you insert a line break in Solidworks?
To create a projection split line:
- Click Split Line. (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Split Line.
- In the PropertyManager, under Type of Split, select Projection.
- Under Selections, click: A sketch for Sketch to Project . You can select multiple contours from the same sketch to split. …
- Click . Before. After.
How do you split a face in Solidworks?
To split a face by projecting a new sketch:
- In the Fixture or an External Loads PropertyManager, select the Split tab.
- Under Type of Split: Select Sketch. …
- When you finish sketching, click Exit Sketch. …
- For Other Faces to Split , select the faces to project the sketch onto.
- Optionally, select either: …
- Click Create Split.