How do I move section views?
During view creation, as you drag out the section view, hit the Shift button and you will be able to move the view off that projection line.
How do you break the alignment of a section view in Solidworks?
Right-click inside the view boundary. Select Alignment > Break Alignment, or click Tools > Align Drawing View > Break Alignment. To break a view’s alignment while placing the view, press Ctrl as you place the view.
How do you move a section view in Inventor?
Edit Section View Definition or Type
Drag a line segment to move it, and shorten or lengthen adjoining line segments. Drag an arrowhead to change its direction or the length of the landing.
How do I align two views in Solidworks?
To align one drawing view to another:
- Do one of the following: Select a drawing view, and click Tools > Align Drawing View > Horizontal To Another View or Vertical To Another View. …
- Select the view to which you want to align. The model origins or drawing view centers of the views are aligned along the chosen direction.
What is full section view?
This is the most common section (called a full section) with the imaginary laser cutting a line across the entire construction, offering a view of a portion of the building with the rest of it put to one side. Half sections or views. In this type of section, only half of the space or object is cut away.
How do I create a section view?
A full section view is generated by running the cutting plane through the entire length of the object being sectioned.
- Click Layout tab Create View panel Section drop-down Full. …
- Click the view you want to use as the parent view. …
- Click in the drawing area to indicate the start point of the section line.
How do I see the cross section in Inventor?
Generate a Simple Cross Section Analysis
- Click Inspect tab Analysis panel Section .
- (Optional) Enter a custom name for the analysis.
- Click Simple .
- Use the Plane selector to select a planar face or work plane in the graphics window.
- Click a Direction arrow ( or ) to change the side that is sectioned.
How do you change the size of a section view in Solidworks?
Editing Existing Section Views with Section View Assist
- Right-click on an existing section view or its cutting line and click Edit Cutting Line. For some complex section views created with SOLIDWORKS 2013, you must select an insertion point before you can modify them.
- On the Section view pop-up, click an offset.
- Click .