How do you scale a drawing in Solidworks?
To scale a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box, under Scale About, select one of the following: Option. Description. Sketch origin. …
- Type a value for Factor, and press Enter. You cannot scale a sketch that has external references.
- Click Close.
How do I link a scale to a drawing in Solidworks?
To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following:
- In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale.
- Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
What is a 1/20 scale?
What does a 1:20 scale mean. The same goes for a 1:20 scale, which when used, represents a subject at a size 20 times smaller than its real word dimensions. … For example a drawing drawn to a 1:20 scale would require a lot more intricacies than a 1:50 and 1:100 drawing.
What is full scale?
1 : identical to an original in proportion and size full-scale drawing. 2a : involving full use of available resources a full-scale biography full-scale war.
What scale can you use when you create a drawing view?
A sheet scale is a standard scale value for drawing views placed on the working sheet. Typically, the sheet scale is indicated in the drawing border title block.
How do you change the scale of a drawing?
To Change the Scale of a Drawing View
- Move the cursor over the drawing view to edit. The drawing view border appears.
- Click an empty area inside the drawing view. Grips appear.
- Click the lookup grip. A menu appears.
- Select the new scale from the menu.
How do I change the drawing size in Solidworks?
- To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following: In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale. …
- To set the scale of a drawing view, do one of the following: For existing drawing views, select a view or views, then set the Scale in the PropertyManager.
How do I create a custom scale in Solidworks?
To set custom scales for drawing views:
- In a drawing, select an existing view or insert a new view.
- In the PropertyManager, under Scale, select Use custom scale.
- In the box, enter a scale in the format x:x or x/x . You can also click and select a predefined scale from the list.
Can you specify a custom material in Solidworks?
You can only add custom materials to categories within the Custom Materials library, not to the Custom Materials folder itself. To create a new category, right-click Custom Materials and click New Category. Right-click and select Paste or press Ctrl + V. Optionally, rename the material.
Can you print from Solidworks?
Printing the Whole Drawing Sheet
Under Document Printer, click Page Setup. In the Page Setup dialog box, under Resolution and Scale, select Scale to fit to print the entire sheet on the page, or select Scale and type a value. Click OK. Click OK again to print the document.
How do I create a bill of materials in Solidworks?
To insert a Bill of Materials into a drawing:
- Click Bill of Materials (Table toolbar), or Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Select a drawing view to specify the model.
- Set the properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, then click OK .
How do I print actual size in Solidworks?
- In a drawing, click File > Print.
- In the dialog box, under Print range, choose Selection, then click OK. …
- Select a scale factor to apply to the selected area: …
- Drag the selection frame to position it. …
- Click OK to print the selected area.