How do I lock an external reference in SolidWorks?
To lock, unlock, or break external references in the External References dialog box:
- In the FeatureManager design tree: …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do you lock a drawing in SolidWorks?
You can lock views, sheets, or view positions by right-clicking an item and selecting:
- Lock View Focus. Allows you to add sketch entities to a view, even when the pointer is close to another view. …
- Lock Sheet Focus. …
- Lock View Position allows you to fix the drawing view in place.
How do I fix a part in a SolidWorks assembly?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do I move a SolidWorks file without breaking references?
Right click on a part of a SolidWorks part file and open the SolidWork context menu. Select rename or move from the SolidWorks context menu. Move the file or rename the file in the prompt which appears after selecting the option you want.
How do I change references in SolidWorks assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or file name by using one of the following methods: Click a cell to change the name or path. Then, click a different cell.
How do you focus on a particular part of a drawing?
Here are some ways you can draw attention, roughly from the least subtle to the most: Movement – While effective, this should be used sparingly because it can grow distracting and annoying.
In my (limited) experience with graphic design there are a few key ways for drawing focus:
How do I change the position of a drawing in Solidworks?
Changing the Position or Size of a Profile
- Select the profile. The pointer changes. to when it is on the detail profile.
- Drag the center point to change the position, or drag a side to change the size. The Detail View changes as the profile changes.
How do you lock a line in Solidworks?
In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools, Dimensions, Smart. Click the items to dimension. Move the pointer until the preview indicates the dimension type you want. Right-click to lock the dimension type.
How do you convert assembly to a part?
Depending on how the assembly was made most of the time this process will work:
- Open the assembly Save As Part and select the All Components radio button and hit Save. …
- Go to Insert, Features, Combine: …
- Drag a box around the entire part to select everything and have ADD marked then select.
How do I convert a STEP file to Solidworks assembly?
1) In the SolidWorks program click OPEN. 2) Set the filter to whichever file type you want to use (In this example we will use STEP). 3) Click Options… to access the options menu. In order to have IGES, STEP, UG and ACIS import as an assembly you will have to select the Import multiple bodies as parts option.
How do you send Assembly in Solidworks?
To mail an assembly or drawing to another computer:
- Click File > Send To.
- In the dialog box, select one of the following: Name of the current document only. …
- Click OK.
- Type your mail password, the mailing address, and any other information required by your mail application.
Can I replace a part in Solidworks assembly?
You can replace components in an assembly. You can replace a part with a subassembly or vice versa. You can replace one, more than one, or all instances of a component at the same time.
Why is part fixed in assembly?
It is recommended that at least one assembly component is either fixed, or mated to the assembly planes or origin. This gives a frame of reference for all other mates, and helps prevent unexpected movement of components when mates are added. A fixed component has a (f) before its name in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you make an exploded assembly in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .