on the Curves toolbar, or Insert > Curve > Projected. Use this selection to project a sketched curve onto a model face. , select the curve in the graphics area or from the flyout FeatureManager design tree. , select the cylindrical face on the model where you want to project the sketch.
Can you create a curved plane in Solidworks?
To project a curve: Click Project Curve on the Curves toolbar, or Insert > Curve > Projected. … Under Direction of Projection , select a plane, edge, sketch, or face as the direction of the projected curve. Under Projection Faces , select the cylindrical face on the model where you want to project the sketch.
How do you curve a face in Solidworks?
Face Curves PropertyManager
- Click Face Curves (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Face Curves, then select a face or surface.
- Select a face or surface, then click Face Curves or Tools > Sketch Tools > Face Curves.
How do you extrude a curve in Solidworks?
Extruding Surfaces from a 2D or 3D Face
- Click Insert > Surface > Extrude.
- Select a face: …
- Select other faces to define the extrude as required. …
- Select the end condition.
- For 3D faces, select a plane, edge, 2D face, or sketch line to define the direction of extrusion .
How do you use an intersection curve in Solidworks?
on the Sketch toolbar, or Tools > Sketch Tools > Intersection Curve. before selecting a plane). Select the intersecting items: Select a plane that intersects a face of the part.
How do I extract a surface in Solidworks?
To manually extract surfaces, select a sub-mesh, then select a surface type under Face Settings. When you extract surfaces, you might see salient sub-meshes (arrows), which are transitions between primary mesh regions.
How do you make a flat pattern in Solidworks?
To create a drawing of a flat pattern:
- Open the sheet metal part for which you want to add a drawing.
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly. …
- Select a format or click OK to use the default format.
- From the View Palette, drag the Flat pattern to the drawing sheet. …
- Click .
How do you create boundaries in Solidworks surface?
To create a boundary surface feature, click Boundary Surface (Surface toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, set the PropertyManager options, then click . Curve callouts colors match those used in the PropertyManager. Click callouts to change the Tangent Type.
Can you extrude a curve?
Select the edges/or faces you want to extrude and the curve you want to extrude along. Select Edit Mesh > Extrude > . Turn on either the Selected or Generated options.
How do I convert entities in Solidworks?
To convert an entity:
- In an open sketch, click a model edge, loop, face, curve, external sketch contour, set of edges, or set of curves. You can also click an entity after clicking the Convert Entities. …
- Click Convert Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, click Select chain to convert all contiguous sketch entities. …
- Click .