How do I select a surface in Solidworks?
USING SELECT ALL AND SELECTION FILTER TOGETHER IN SOLIDWORKS
- We want to select all of the surfaces in a quick efficient way. …
- Now that we’re only able to select surfaces/faces we’ll go to Edit > Select All (Ctrl+A). …
- Using the Knit Surface feature can be used to combine our many surfaces into one surface body.
How do you unhide a surface in Solidworks?
You can also use the shortcut menu to hide a surface without using the PropertyManager to preview the entities you select. To show the hidden surface again, click View > Hide/Show Bodies , select the translucent bodies in the graphics area and click .
How do you select hidden edges in Solidworks?
To show or hide hidden edges in the Drawing View Properties dialog box:
- Right-click the drawing view and select Properties.
- Select the Show Hidden Edges tab.
- Select a feature or component from either the drawing view or the FeatureManager design tree to add it to the list of items to be shown with hidden lines.
How do you select part of a line in Solidworks?
1 Answer. Robert H. You should be able to right click on the multiple sketch area and choose the ‘select other’ icon, which will bring up a list of all select-able entities in line with your cursor. Pick the buried one out of this list.
How do you select all edges of face in Solidworks?
To select everything in the graphics area: Click Edit > Select All, or press Ctrl+A. To limit the selection to specific entities in a part, pre-select one or more entities in the graphics area. For example, pre-select an edge and a vertex to limit the selection to all edges and vertices.
How do you show hidden faces in Solidworks?
To show the temporarily hidden face, press Shift + Alt. To show all temporarily hidden faces in a semi-transparent state, press Ctrl + Shift + Alt. To restore visibility to all temporarily hidden faces, press ESC.
How do you show hidden bodies in Solidworks?
To show a body:
- Do one of the following: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the drawing view and click Properties. …
- In the Drawing View Properties dialog box on the Hide/Show Bodies tab, select the body to view and press Delete.
- Click OK.
How do you hide hidden edges in Solidworks?
Right-click a feature or component in the drawing view or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show/Hide, Show Hidden Edges. If the hidden edges are visible, you can hide them again by right-clicking the feature or component and selecting Show/Hide, Hide Hidden Edges.
How do you show sketch lines in Solidworks drawing?
To show a sketch in a drawing: Right-click the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show. The sketch entities highlight in the graphics area when you point over the sketch name in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you hide sketch lines in Solidworks drawing?
To hide a sketch in a drawing, right-click the sketch in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Hide.
How do you select multiple lines in Solidworks?
Select several rows by dragging the cursor up or down in the left-most column. Ctrl + click the left-most column in one or more rows. Shift + click the left-most column in the last of a series of rows.
How do you split a line in Solidworks sketch?
(Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Split Entities . Click the sketch entity at the location where you want the split to occur. The sketch entity splits into two entities, and a split point is added between the two sketch entities.
How do you insert a line break in Solidworks?
To create a projection split line:
- Click Split Line. (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Split Line.
- In the PropertyManager, under Type of Split, select Projection.
- Under Selections, click: A sketch for Sketch to Project . You can select multiple contours from the same sketch to split. …
- Click . Before. After.