Select a work plane by name, by picking a plane, or by picking a line in the plane you want to select. On the ribbon, click (Set). In the Work Plane dialog, under Specify a new Work Plane, select one of the following options: Name—Choose an available work plane from the list, and click OK.
How do you select planes in Revit?
Select a work plane-based element in a view. Click Modify |
In the Work Plane dialog, select another work plane.
- Name—Choose an available work plane from the list, and click OK. …
- Pick a plane—Revit creates a plane coincident to the selected plane.
How do I change the work plane in Revit?
Change the Work Plane of an Element
- Select a work plane-based element in a view.
- Click Modify |
tab Work Plane panel (Edit Work Plane). …
- In the Work Plane dialog, select another work plane. …
- If needed, reposition the element on the work plane.
How do you create a work plane in Revit family?
In the Family Editor, click Create tab Properties panel (Family Category and Parameters). In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, under Family Parameters, select Work Plane-Based. Click OK. Note: You can make a family both work plane-based and always vertical.
What is a work plane Revit?
A work plane is a virtual 2-dimensional surface used as the origin for a view or for sketching elements. Work Plane Set or Show or Viewer. on the Architecture, Structure, or Systems tab in projects. on the Create tab of the Family Editor.
How do I delete a work plane in Revit?
Use the Delete item to delete the active Workplane. To delete the active Workplane click Workplane tab > Active panel > Delete.
How do I get rid of work plane grid in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Click (Dissociate Work Plane), which displays in the drawing area near the selected element.
- Use the Edit Work Plane tool: Click Modify |
tab Work Plane panel (Edit Work Plane). In the Work Plane dialog, click Dissociate.
What is a Workplane?
A work plane is a modeling feature that defines the location of a plane in 3-dimensional (3D) space. … A work plane is displayed as a rectangular 2-dimensional (2D) object.
How do you create a vertical plane in Revit?
Add a Reference Plane
- On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines).
- On the Options bar, specify an offset, if desired.
- Select the Lock option to lock the reference plane to the line.
- Move the cursor near the line to which you want to place the reference plane and click.
Where is reference plane in Revit?
On the ribbon, click (Reference Plane). To draw a line: On the Draw panel, click (Line). In the drawing area, draw the reference planes by dragging the cursor.
What is Workplane height?
Workplane: Height: 1.000 m Grid: 128 x 128 Points Boundary Zone: 0.500 m Illuminance Quotient (according to LG7): Walls / Working Plane: 0.483, Ceiling / Working Plane: 0.257.
How do you lock an extrusion in Revit?
While in a sketch mode (or after finishing the sketch), a line in an extrusion can be locked with the reference plane it’s on top of by using the align tool to click both lines and then clicking the lock icon (see Figure 11).