How do you make low poly look good?
Do make use of components such as specularity, refraction, scatter etc. Utilising these can definitely give you a nice, unique look. Be very careful of saturation levels, I see a lot of low poly art, grass in particular, which have too much saturation.
How do you make a low poly model?
How to create low-poly 3D models
- Give yourself a head start and begin with basic primitives.
- Keep the model quad based to begin with.
- Begin the chest as a scaled cube, with a pentahedron sitting on top.
- Use a simple cylinder to form the trunk.
- A simple, shaped polygon plane will work well for the leaves.