How do you edit an import Onshape?
To update the data imported into Onshape:
- Export the file again from the original system. …
- Open the Onshape document containing the originally imported data, right-click the tab with the file name, and select Update.
- The name of the Onshape tab is not changed (even if the file chosen for the update has a different name).
How do I translate a sketch in Solidworks?
To move a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box: To move the sketch geometry incrementally, under Translate, type a value for X value and Y value and press Enter. …
- Click Close.
What is a layout sketch in Solidworks?
You can design an assembly from the top-down using layout sketches. You can construct one or more sketches showing where each assembly component belongs. Then, you can create and modify the design before you create any parts. In addition, you can use the layout sketch to make changes in the assembly at any time.
What does a gray line represent when sketching Onshape?
Was the sketch hidden? It will appear light gray if it is. You can hide/unhide by moving your mouse to the area where the eye ball is and toggle it on or off.
What kind of shape in a sketch should be drawn to create a sphere Onshape?
You can create a sphere in 2 steps. Create a sketch and draw an arc or circle and then use the revolve tool.
What files can Onshape edit?
Onshape can import the following file types to Part Studios:
- CATIA v4.
- CATIA v5.
- CATIA v6.
How do you edit an import?
Editing Imported Features
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the feature created from the imported document, and select Edit Feature. …
- In the Files of type list, select the desired format.
- Browse to select the desired file to import. …
- Select the Match faces and edges check box, if desired. …
- Click Open.
Can you import fonts into Onshape?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to add your own fonts at this time.