To make changes to the revolve form, select the revolve in the canvas, and click Edit Revolve. Changes can now be made to the boundary or axis sketch. With the revolve selected, the Start Angle and End Angle of the revolve can be adjusted and the material and visibility parameters of the revolve controlled.
How do you use the revolve tool in Revit?
Click (Revolve). Click Void Forms drop-down (Void Revolve).
Use the Draw tools to sketch a shape to revolve around the axis:
- Click Modify | Create Revolve tab Draw panel (Boundary Line).
- To create a single revolve, sketch a closed loop.
- To create more than one revolve, sketch multiple, non-intersecting, closed loops.
What is a revolve tool?
About the Revolve Feature. Revolve is a method of defining three-dimensional geometry by revolving a sketched section around a centerline. Use the Revolve tool to create a solid or surface feature, and to add or remove material.
Where is the extrusion tool in Revit?
Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). Revit completes the extrusion and returns you to the view in which you started the extrusion. To view the extrusion, open a 3D view.
How do you make a cone in Revit?
To Create a Cone Mass Element
- On the Massing tool palette, select the Cone tool. …
- Specify the insertion point of the Cone.
- Drag the cursor and specify the radius of the Cone.
- Drag the cursor and specify the height of the Cone.
- Enter a rotation angle, or press Enter to accept the default angle of 0.
Where is revolve in SolidWorks?
Creating Revolve Features
- Revolved Boss/Base (Features toolbar) or Insert > Boss/Base > Revolve.
- Revolved Cut (Features toolbar) or Insert > Cut > Revolve.
- Revolved Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Revolve.
Why can’t I revolve in SolidWorks?
Listen to SolidWorks
Unless you’re creating a Thin Feature Revolve then SolidWorks can only Revolve a closed profile. This means that you need to have no gaps or breaks around the outside of your profile. Try using an Extruded Boss/Base to check whether your profile is closed.
What is use of revolve features?
A revolved feature is an axisymmetric shape that is created by revolving an open or closed section view by a specified angle around a central axis. The section can represent a protrusion or a cut, that is, it can either add material or take it away. We are going to create the part shown in Figure 1.
What revolve tool helps to do?
ℹ️ This tool is available to all users. You can create solids such as sphere, cylinders, and cones by revolving faces or closed sketches with the Revolve tool. Not only that, but you can also create helical objects by adding height to your revolved sketch or face.
What are the two components necessary for creating a revolve feature?
There are two ways to created revolved features: from a sketch profile or from a primitive. The primitive shape creation commands create full revolutions only.
For non-base features, specify an Operation:
- Join . Adds the volume created by the revolved feature to another feature or body. …
- Cut . …
- Intersect . …
- New Solid .