How do I edit a description in bill of materials solidworks?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
How do you change titles in Solidworks?
To edit the title block, the sheet properties, or add or delete a sheet, right click anywhere on the sheet in the design space and select the desired option. To edit the title block, once Edit Sheet Format has been selected, the title block can be edited.
How do you draw a BOM in Solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
How do you add a description to a bill of materials in Solidworks?
To insert a Bill of Materials into a drawing:
- Click Bill of Materials (Table toolbar), or Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Select a drawing view to specify the model.
- Set the properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, then click OK .
How do you customize a title block in SolidWorks?
Do one of the following:
- On the Sheet Format toolbar, click Edit Sheet Format , then click Title Block Fields .
- On the Sheet Format CommandManager, click Edit Sheet Format , then click Title Block Fields .
- In the FeatureManager design tree of a drawing, right-click Sheet Format and click Edit Sheet Format .
How do I edit a text box in SolidWorks?
Editing Sketch Text
- In an open sketch, right-click the text (the pointer changes to when it is over the sketch text) and select Properties.
- Edit the text and its properties in the Sketch Text PropertyManager as necessary.
How do you do bom?
Necessary Elements of a Good BOM
- BOM level: Assign each part or assembly a number to detail where it fits in the hierarchy of the BOM. …
- Part number: Give each item within the BOM a unique part number, which allows anyone involved in the manufacturing cycle to reference and identify parts easily.
- Part name:
What is Bill of Materials SolidWorks?
You can create one or more Bills of Materials (BOMs) directly from an assembly or part without first creating a drawing. Use parts only BOMs when the assembly consists of only part components, or to display only parts. The resulting parts are ordered according to their listing in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you draw an assembly in Solidworks?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
What is bom in solid works?
A drawing can contain an Excel-based Bill of Materials or a table-based Bill of Materials, but not both. You can insert a bill of materials (BOM) into the drawing of an assembly. … However, bills of materials in drawings created in releases prior to SOLIDWORKS 2000 are not automatically updated to combine rows.
How do I add a column to a bill of materials in Solidworks?
To add custom columns to the bill of materials:
- Open the BOM template file. …
- Insert a new column where you want the information to appear. …
- Enter the column heading for the property you want to display in that column, and press Enter. …
- Click the cell to select it.