How do you use grading tool in Civil 3D?
Exercise 3: Creating a Grading
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Grading drop-down Grading Creation Tools Find.
- In the Grading Creation Tools toolbar, click Set The Grading Group.
- In the Create Grading Group dialog box, specify the following parameters: …
- Click OK.
- In the Create Surface dialog box, click OK.
How do you grade to an existing surface in Civil 3D?
On the Grading Creation Tools toolbar, click Select a Criteria Set. In the Select A Criteria Set dialog box, ensure that Basic Set is selected. Click OK. From the Select a Grading Criteria list, select Grade To Surface .
How do you change grading in Civil 3D?
To Edit Grading Properties
- Select the grading. Click Grading tab Modify panel Grading Properties drop-down Grading Properties Find.
- In the Grading Creation Tools, click .
- In the drawing, click a grading to open the Grading Properties dialog box.
- Change the styles or select a different grading group.
- Click OK.
What is grading in Civil 3D?
The objective in grading is to build a proposed surface using points, feature lines, polylines, and gradings. Then you may calculate volumes comparing it to the existing surface. … This must be checked, otherwise when you daylight to the surface the grading object might not get added to the desired surface.
Where will be grading sites are applied in Civil 3D software?
The list of grading objects defined in the drawing appears in Toolspace, within the Sites collection on the Prospector tab. Grading styles and Grading Criteria Sets appear in Toolspace on the Settings tab.
What are feature lines in Civil 3D?
Feature lines are 3D objects which can be used as grading footprints, surface breaklines, and as corridor baselines. About the Feature Lines Collection (Prospector Tab) Use the Feature Lines collection in the Prospector tree to manage feature line styles and layers.
How do I create a grade criteria in AutoCAD?
To create grading criteria
Right-click a named grading criteria set. Click New. In the Grading Criteria dialog box, click the Information tab and enter a name and an optional description. Click the Criteria tab, and edit the values to define the criteria you want.
How do I edit a grading group?
To Change the Grading Group of a Grading Object
- Select a grading. Click Grading tab Modify panel Change Group Find.
- Select one or more grading objects in the drawing.
- In the Select Grading Group dialog box, select or create a grading group for the grading object to be in.
- Click OK.
How do I delete a grading group in Civil 3d?
Yes from the Prospector tab of the Toolspace palette expand the Sites category and then expand the site with the grading group. Then expand the grading group category and right click on the group you want to delete and choose delete from the menu.
How do I change surface elevation in Civil 3d?
- To perform this operation, ensure that the surface style has points visibility enabled. …
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Modify Point. …
- In the drawing area, select the points.
- Press Enter. …
- Specify the elevation at the command line.