Why is my solidworks sketch grey?
If the sketch is grey it means it’s not an active sketch (aka you aren’t editing the sketch) You can still use it for a feature by clicking on what feature you want to create and then clicking the sketch, either in the feature tree on the left hand side, or on the actual grey sketch lines.
How do I make a sketch visible in Solidworks?
To show a sketch in a drawing: Right-click the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show. The sketch entities highlight in the graphics area when you point over the sketch name in the FeatureManager design tree.
Why are my dimensions GREY in Catia?
If your options are on default dimension colors gray means non assosiative dimensions. Dimension does not have 3D element reference. On what level you are running CATIA? In V5R7 dimensions were gray when dimensioning drawing elements generated from mirrored 3D elements.
How do I change a worksheet to white in SolidWorks?
Changing SolidWorks Background Color
- Pick ToolsOptionsSystem OptionsColors.
- Select View Port Background so current color appears.
- Hit Edit.
- Select a light color from the Color panelOK.
- Repeat for the Top Gradient Color of the graphics window.
- Repeat for the Bottom Gradient Color of the graphics window.
How do you hide all sketches in Solidworks?
To hide all types in the current document: Click View > Hide/Show > Hide All Types. After you select Hide All Types, you cannot show any hidden items until you clear Hide All Types.
How do you draw on Solidworks drawing?
To create a new drawing:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select Drawing , then click OK.
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- In the Model View PropertyManager, select a model from Open documents or browse to a part or assembly file.
How do you select all sketches in Solidworks?
To select everything in the graphics area: Click Edit > Select All, or press Ctrl+A. To limit the selection to specific entities in a part, pre-select one or more entities in the graphics area. For example, pre-select an edge and a vertex to limit the selection to all edges and vertices.
How do you make a sketch line thicker in SolidWorks?
To assign line thickness or style:
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) and select the Document Properties tab.
- Set style and thickness for the following: All dimension leaders. All annotation leaders. Frames for geometric tolerances, balloons, and datums. Style. Thickness.
How do I draw a black and white drawing in SolidWorks?
You have the option to print in black and white (the default) or in color.
To specify settings for individual drawing sheets:
- Click File > Page Setup.
- Select Set each drawing sheet individually.
- Select a sheet in Settings for, and choose settings for the sheet.
- Repeat step 3 for each sheet, and click OK.