How do you stop a dimension from moving in Solidworks?
Go to Tools > Options > System Options > Drawings Uncheck Reduce spacing when dimensions are deleted or edited (add or change tolerances, text, etc.) If you prefer to leave that option checked, you can control the dimension spacing yourself.
How do you lock a dimension?
Lock Labeled Dimensions
- To lock a dimension directly in the drawing area, click the lock icon next to the dimension.
- To lock a labeled dimension from the Family Types dialog: Select a dimension in the drawing area. Click Modify | Dimensions tab Properties panel (Family Types).
How do you lock a line in Solidworks?
To lock a dimension:
- In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools, Dimensions, Smart.
- Click the items to dimension.
- Move the pointer until the preview indicates the dimension type you want.
- Right-click to lock the dimension type.
How do you lock a drawing in Solidworks?
Lock View Position allows you to fix the drawing view in place. Right-click anywhere in the drawing view and select Lock View Position.
How do you move dimensions in Solidworks?
To move or copy dimensions from one view to another view: Hold the Shift key (to move) or the Ctrl key (to copy) as you drag the dimensions into another view. Use this method to create multiple driving dimensions.
Can you lock dimensions in Autocad?
To lock a dimension: Right-click on a fitting and click Edit. … On the Dimensions tab, select a dimension that will always be the same, and enter the dimension in the Value field, as shown below. Lock or unlock the dimension by clicking on the unlock or lock icon.
How do you lock dimensions in Creo?
Alternatively, click File > Options > Sketcher > Lock user defined dimensions. After you set this option, all dimensions that you subsequently create or modify are locked. Dimensions created before you set automatic locking maintain their status.