Right-click on the blank graphics area and select “Show Hidden Components.” SOLIDWORKS will display any components hidden in the assembly. If you click on the component, it will show it when you exit this state (which can be done by clicking Escape on your keyboard or clicking “Exit Show-Hidden”).
How do I show hidden components in Solidworks?
To select hidden components to be shown:
- Click Show Hidden Components (Assembly toolbar). The Show Hidden dialog box appears. …
- In the graphics area, select components you want to show. The components you select disappear temporarily.
- In the dialog box, click Exit Show Hidden.
How do you change visibility in Solidworks?
Changing the Transparency of an Assembly Component
Click or right-click the component, and select Change Transparency . The active display state. Select the component, then click Change Transparency (Assembly toolbar).
How do I fix assembly view in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you Unsuppress all components in Solidworks?
How do I Unsuppress all in Solidworks?
- Click Unsuppress on the Features toolbar. (In parts with multiple configurations, applies to only the current configuration.)
- Click Edit > Unsuppress, then select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Selected Configurations.
How do you draw a BOM in Solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
What is suppress in Solidworks?
When you suppress a feature, it is removed from the model (but not deleted). The feature disappears from the model view and is shown in gray in the FeatureManager design tree. If the feature has child features, the child features are also suppressed.
How do you ground a part in Solidworks assembly?
To define a ground plane:
- In an assembly, click Insert > Reference Geometry > Ground Plane.
- In the PropertyManager, in Ground Plane, select a face in the assembly.
- (Optional.) Click Reverse Direction , or click the handle in the graphics area.
- Click . Ground Plane appears in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do I animate a Solidworks assembly?
Right-click to place a key, or select Autokey (Animation only) to place a key automatically. To animate other assembly components: Place the time bar to specify the duration of the animation sequence. Drag the assembly component to its position at the next key point of the animation sequence.