How do I view sections in Revit?
To open the section view, double-click the section header, or select the section view from the Sections grouping of the Project Browser. The section view changes when the design changes or the section line is moved.
How do you add a view in Revit?
- Open the target Revit LT project (that is, the project in which you want to insert the existing drafting view).
- Click Insert tab Import panel Insert from File drop-down Insert Views from File.
- In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open. …
- From the list, select an option for views to display.
What is the purpose of section view in Revit?
Sections views cut through the model. You can draw them in plan, section, elevation, and detail views. Section views display as section representations in intersecting views. Provide views of specific parts of your model.
How do I add a 3D view to a sheet in Revit?
Create a Perspective 3D View
- Open a plan, section, or elevation view.
- Click View tab Create panel 3D View drop-down Camera. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the camera.
- Drag the cursor to the desired target and click to place it.
How do you layout in Revit?
Click Modify Mechanical Equipment tab Layout panel (Generate Layout) or (Generate Placeholder). The Generate Layout tab appears providing various layout tools. A layout displays in the drawing area. The layout lines represent a physical connection to the components.
How do you save a section view in Revit?
To save a single view, in the Project Browser, right-click the view and click Save to New File. Navigate to the desired location, enter a file name, and click Save. To save several views from the project, select File tab Save As Library View. In the Save Views dialog, select the views to save, and click OK.
How do I change the depth of a section in Revit?
Define Depth Cueing
- Open a section or elevation view (Architectural or Coordination discipline only).
- For the best effect and better performance, ensure that Far Clipping is specified for the view: …
- On the View Control Bar, click Visual Style Graphic Display Options.
- Expand Depth Cueing, and select Show Depth.
How do I turn on a selection box in Revit?
To view more or less of your selected 3D view, simply use the ‘little grips’ to adjust the space. To reset your view, go to the Properties Menu and under the Extents tab. There should be a check box by the Selection box option which turns your Selection Box on and off. Enjoy the video!