Can CATIA V5 open STL files?
CATIA. Note: CATIA V5 is capable of creating STL files from CATPart files, but not from assemblies (CATProduct files) or geometrical representations (car files). Therefore, source files, including those saved in a neutral format (i.e. STEP or IGES), must be saved as CATParts.
Can CATIA import solidworks files?
You can import CATIA® V5 CATPart and CATProduct files. … SOLIDWORKS imports the CATIA V5 file. You can save an imported CATPart file as a SOLIDWORKS part file, and an imported CATProduct file as a SOLIDWORKS assembly.
How do I convert Catia files to step files?
SolidWorks >> CATIA V5 (Dassault)
- To export a STEP file choose File -> Save as…, as file type choose STEP-Format (step, stp) and go to Options. …
- Under Output as the following options can be selected:
- Solid/Surface geometry: the geometry will be exported as solid and surface bodies.
How do I convert a STL file to Step?
How to Convert STL to STEP
- Step 1: Download a Conversion Tool. …
- Step 2: Import Your STL File. …
- Step 3: Repair the Mesh. …
- Step 4: Convert Your Mesh to a Shape. …
- Step 5: Convert the Shape to a Solid. …
- Step 6: Export Your Solid to a STEP File.
How do I convert STL to solid in Catia?
in CATIA v5 to create a full 3D solid model.
- Open catia Start->Machining->STL Rapid Prototyping.
- A dialog window will appaer. Write a name then ok.
- Look for STL import icon and click it, A dialog window will appear, in “selected file” browse for your stl file. The click “Apply” then “ok”
How do I import point cloud to Catia?
Now go to CATIA>Shape>Digitized Shape Editor and from Cloud Import toolbar and Import command, Import the modified asc file. You can see the considered cloud of points.
Can Creo open Catia files?
Creo supports imports from CATIA V5 revisions 10 to 27 with file names up to 80 characters long. You can create and use import profiles that are specific to the CATIA V5 file format for the import, append, and assemble tasks. Import log files are automatically generated in the working directory.
What is CATPart file?
CATPART is a part file created by CATIA V5, a 3D CAD manufacturing applicatio. It stores a part model, including the three-dimensional geometry and structure data; can be combined with other parts into a . CATPRODUCT assembly file.