What files can Chief Architect import?
There are a number of file types that can be imported into or exported from a Chief Architect plan file; 2D CAD files, images, PDF files, and 3D symbols can all be imported into a plan file. Similarly, 2D CAD versions, high res images, and 3D models of your plan can all be exported.
Can you import a PDF into Chief Architect?
You can import . pdf files into Chief Architect in floor plan view, cross section/elevation views, CAD details, and into the layout. Once imported, PDF boxes behave and can be edited similar to imported pictures.
Can you import Revit files into Chief Architect?
Can you import a Revit file into Chief Premiere so it is just like it is in Revit: NO, not any more than Revit can do the same thing from Chief.
Can AutoCAD Open Chief Architect files?
Converting a Chief Architect plan file into either a two- or three-dimensional AutoCAD® compatible . dwg or . dxf file can be done easily using the export functions. Line drawings, such as Plan view , elevation views, and CAD Details can be exported to .
How do I convert a PDF to Chief Architect?
- Select File> Print> Print . …
- In the dialog that opens, use the Destination Name drop-down menu to choose Chief Architect Save As PDF.
- Choose your desired options and click the Save As PDF button located under the preview image.
How do I import a plan into Chief Architect?
Launch Chief Architect and open a New Plan . From the menu, select File> Import> Import Picture to open the Import Picture File dialog. Browse to the picture file that you would like to import, click on its name to select it, then click the Open button. The image will now be visible in the center of the drawing area.
How do I share a chief architect file?
To send a plan in its entirety
- Launch Chief Architect and Open the plan or *layout that you want to send to the person who will be viewing the file. …
- Select File> Backup Entire Plan/Project and in the dialog that displays: …
- Browse to an easy to find location, such as your Desktop, then click Save.
How do I export from Chief Architect?
To export a 3D Viewer model file to the Chief Architect Cloud
- Open the plan you would like to export a 3D Viewer model file from, navigate to 3D> Create Perspective View> Full Camera , then click and drag to create a camera view. …
- With the camera view open, select File> Export> Export Chief Architect 3D Viewer File .