What is a profile in AutoCAD?
You can create and share profiles that store program settings for different users or projects. Profiles store settings such as the following: Default search and project file paths. … Default linetype and hatch pattern files.
How do you create a profile in CAD?
Create a Custom Profile for AutoCAD 2014
- Click the Application Menu (the big red A in the upper-left corner of the AutoCAD screen) and choose Options. …
- Click the Profiles tab in the Options dialog box.
- Click < >, or on Vanilla if < > doesn’t exist.
How do I get a profile view in Civil 3D?
Click Home tab Profile & Section Views panel Profile View drop-down Create Profile View Find. In the Create Profile View wizard, navigate through the pages by using the links at the left or clicking Back or Next. Note: Click Create Profile View at any time to accept the current settings.
How do I create a profile without surface Civil 3D?
Civil 3D normally requires a surface model to be created before a profile can be created. Because the points are a single path, a surface cannot be created from them. Solution: Use Transparent commands to create a 3D Polyline from the points. Use the Quick Profile command to create a profile from the 3D Polyline.
Where are CAD Profiles stored?
Profile information is stored in the system registry and can be exported to a ARG text file.
How do you save a CAD profile?
Save a Profile
- Click Application button Options.
- In the Options dialog box, Profiles tab, click Add to List.
- In the Add Profiles dialog box, enter a Profile name and Description.
- Click Apply & Close to record the current option settings in the system registry and close the dialog box.
How do I import a profile into AutoCAD?
In the AutoCAD application window, click the Application Menu button and then click Options. 3. In the Options dialog box, Profiles tab, click Import.
How do I create an alignment profile?
To Create a Surface Profile Along an Alignment
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Profile drop-down Create Surface Profile Find.
- In the Create Profile from Surface dialog box, in the Alignment list, select the horizontal alignment to use for the profile.
How do I create a polyline profile?
To Create Quick Profiles
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Profile drop-down Quick Profile Find. …
- In the drawing, select a line, polyline, lot line, feature line, or survey figure.
- In the Create Quick Profiles dialog box, select the surfaces you want to sample, and the profile and profile view styles.
How do I edit my profile in geometry Civil 3d?
The first is to click the modify tab of the ribbon and then click profile. On the profile editing tab you will see the geometry editor tool right here. You click that tool, select your profile, and you are on your way with the profile layout tools tool bar.
What is a profile view?
n. 1 a side view, outline, or representation of an object, esp. of a human face or head. 2 a view or representation of an object, esp. a building, in contour or outline.
How do I change my profile name in Civil 3d?
- In Toolspace, choose the settings tab.
- Right click on Profile and choose Edit Feature Settings.
- Expand the Default Name Format and click on the Profile Name Template.
- In the Value column, click the “…” button on the right to bring up the Name Template dialog box.