Which file format is for SOLIDWORKS part file?
You can export SOLIDWORKS part, assembly, and drawing documents as Adobe® Portable Document Format (PDF) files and part and assembly documents as 3D PDF. You can save SOLIDWORKS files as *. png files.
Does SOLIDWORKS use Parasolid?
The Parasolid translator imports Parasolid text files or binary files as SOLIDWORKS documents.
Can SolidWorks open a .PRT file?
prt files can be opened directly by SolidWorks. This capability allows you to bypass IGES and STEP, providing you with a cleaner data exchange between SolidWorks and Unigraphics products. Parts and assemblies from UGII versions 10 or higher, and up to NX 4, can be imported.
Can you mirror bodies?
When you select a face on a solid part, and clear the Merge solids check box, you can create a mirrored body that is attached to the original body, but is a separate entity. If you select Merge solids, the original part and the mirrored part become a single entity.
How do I save an OBJ file in SOLIDWORKS?
- Click File > Save As.
- Select a file format in Save as type: ScanTo3D (*. xyz) ScanTo3D (*. wrl). Click Options to set export options. ScanTo3D (*. stl). Click Options to set export options. ScanTo3D (*. 3ds) ScanTo3D (*. obj) …
- Browse to the desired location and click Save.
How do I open a CATPart file in SOLIDWORKS?
CATIA Part and Product File Import
- Click File > Open.
- Navigate to the folder containing CATIA part or product files to open.
- For Files of type, select CATIA.
- Select the CATPart or CATProduct file and click Open. SOLIDWORKS imports the CATIA V5 file.
How do I convert a SolidWorks file to Parasolid?
To set the Parasolid export options:
- Open the SOLIDWORKS document that you want to export as a Parasolid file.
- Click File > Save As. The Save As dialog box appears.
- Set Save as type to Parasolid (*. x_t) or Parasolid Binary (*. …
- Select from the following options: Option. …
- Click OK, then click Save to export the document.
What kernel is SolidWorks?
SolidWorks plan is to have parallel products, one with the Parasolid kernel and one with the CATIA v6 kernel. “Let’s face it, the Parasolid kernel may have been the right choice 15 years ago.
Who uses Parasolid?
Parasolid files are used by the geometric modeling kernel currently owned by Siemens and used in CAD, CAD exchange, CAM, CAE, and product visualization. Licensed and used in over 350+ applications such as NX, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, MasterCAM, Onshape, and others.
How do I read a Sldprt file?
SLDPRT files are typically opened using SolidWorks. However, they may also be viewed with SolidWorks eDrawings Viewer, Autodesk Fusion 360, and Adobe Acrobat 3D or Acrobat Pro 9 or later.
Can SOLIDWORKS open STL files?
STL files are hard to work with, but can be used effectively with greater understanding. STL (stereolithography) file types are commonly used in CAM and 3D printing, but are unfortunately difficult to work with in SOLIDWORKS. When opening an STL file, the software crash completely.