How do I view references in Revit?
Reference sections can reference section views, callouts of section views, and drafting views. To create a reference section: Click View tab Create panel (Section). On the Options Bar, select Reference other view, and select a section, callout of a section, or drafting view name from the drop-down menu next to it.
How do you add a reference point in Revit?
Place a Reference Point on Geometry
- Click Create tab Draw panel (Point Element).
- Click Modify | Lines Draw panel (Draw on Face).
- Place hosted points along a spline.
- In the drawing area, place the cursor over a line, edge, or a surface, and click to place hosted points.
How do I change the view reference in Revit?
Click Annotate tab Tag panel View Reference. Optionally, on the View Reference panel, under View Type, select the type of view to display for the Target View list. On the View Reference panel, select the Target View (the view you wish to reference). Click in the drawing area to place the reference.
How do you reference a 3D view in Revit?
To place a view reference on an axonometric 3D view, the view must be locked.
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics).
- Click the Annotation Categories tab.
- Clear the check box for View Reference.
Where is create tab in Revit?
The Create Tab is only visible when working with Family Editor tools. You must be editing a family in order to have access to the tools on the Create Tab.
- On the ribbon, click (Model In-Place). …
- In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select the family category, and click OK.
How do you reference elevations?
Place a Reference Elevation
- Open a plan or callout view.
- Click View tab Create panel Elevation drop-down (Elevation).
- On the Reference panel, select Reference Other View.
- Select a reference view from the drop-down list. …
- Place the cursor in the drawing area and click to place the reference elevation.
How do you create a dummy callout in Revit?
In your Revit project where you need to add a detail (Callout), click View – Callout, check the Reference other view, click the drop down arrow in
How do you create a Matchline in Revit?
Add a Matchline
- Open the primary view from which your dependent views were created.
- If crop regions are not visible, click (Show Crop Region) on the View Control Bar. …
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Matchline).
- Sketch the matchline.
- When finished, click Finish Matchline.