How do you use parameters in Solidworks?
To access the Parameters dialog box, click Insert > Design Study > Parameters. You can also view defined parameters in the Parameters node of the Simulation study tree. Type a name of the parameter. Define global variables in the Add Equation dialog box.
What are solidworks parameters?
Parameters Dialog Box
Creates parameters that you can link to model dimensions, global variables, materials, and features from Simulation or Motion studies. You can also edit or delete existing parameters.
How do you add parameters to a table in Solidworks?
Right-click an item and select Configure dimension, Configure feature, or Configure component. Then select Auto-create in the Design Table PropertyManager when you create the design table. Search ‘Manually Add Parameters in a Design Table’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you delete a parameter in Solidworks?
Defeature – To Remove
- Click Defeature (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Defeature.
- For multibody parts or assemblies, select the Simplify Geometry method in the PropertyManager. For single-body parts, the PropertyManager opens to the To Keep page.
- Click Next until the To Remove page appears.
How do I make two dimensions the same in Solidworks?
Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign). You must enter the equal sign to assign a global variable to the dimension.
How do you change multiple dimensions in Solidworks?
You can also set multiple dimensions to driven in the Dimension PropertyManager by clicking the Other tab, expanding Options, and selecting Driven.
Setting Multiple Dimensions to Driven
- In a sketch, select the dimensions.
- Right-click to display the shortcut menu.
- Under Dimension, click Driven.
How do I add a column to a design table in Solidworks?
To add rows and columns to the design table: In the Add Rows and Columns dialog box, select the configurations and parameters you want to add from the Configurations and Parameters boxes. To select multiple features, hold down Ctrl as you select.
How do you delete a section in Solidworks?
Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree. Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
How do you delete a section of a part in Solidworks?
To delete a component from an assembly:
- Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
How do you undo a feature in Solidworks?
Undo and Redo
- Click Undo on the Standard toolbar.
- Click Edit > Undo.
- Press Ctrl+Z.