To insert a new subassembly: Do one of the following: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click either the top-level assembly icon or the icon for an existing subassembly, and select Insert New Subassembly. Click New Assembly (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Assembly.
Can you insert an assembly into an assembly in SolidWorks?
To insert a new component into a subassembly, you must edit the subassembly in its own window. You cannot insert a new component into a subassembly while you are editing the top-level assembly. Also, you cannot insert a new component while you are editing the subassembly in the context of a higher level assembly.
How do you combine assembly in SolidWorks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do I add parts to assembly?
To create a part within an assembly:
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ).
How do I add an assembly to assembly?
- Place the component.
- Select the assembly.
- Click the Options button in the lower-right corner of the Open dialog box.
- In the File Open Options dialog box, select the desired view representation, such as Default, from the Design View Representation drop-down list.
- Click OK.
- Click Open.
How do I import a Solidworks assembly into Creo?
The File Open dialog box opens.
- Select SolidWorks Part (*. …
- Select a part or assembly file from the list of files displayed.
- Select Import in the File Open dialog box. …
- Retain the import profile in use or select an import profile from the Profile list.
Can you combine parts in Solidworks?
You cannot combine two separate parts. However, you can create a multibody part by using Insert Part to place one part into the other part file. Then you can use Combine on the multibody part. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
How do you combine two extrudes in Solidworks?
The Combine feature lives under Insert>Features>Combine. The common function allows you to add two bodies together, and keep the area that is common to them. To use this feature, we will select the common button, and then under Bodies to Combine, select the two bodies.
How is a part related to an assembly?
About Entering Relations in Assembly. You can add relations to parts or between parts within an assembly. Relations in Assembly follow the standard rules for relations except that you must first specify the model to which relations apply. This can be the main assembly, a subassembly, or a part.
How do you draw an assembly in SolidWorks?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.