To access the Parameters dialog box, click Insert > Design Study > Parameters. You can also view defined parameters in the Parameters node of the Simulation study tree. Type a name of the parameter. Define global variables in the Add Equation dialog box.
What are parameters in Solidworks?
Use parameters in Design Studies and link them to variables that can be changed with each iteration of an evaluation or optimization design scenario. You can parameterize model dimensions, global variables, and features from Simulation and Motion studies.
How do I change dimension parameters in Solidworks?
Manual Methods. Click Equations (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Equations . In the Equations, Global Variables and Dimensions dialog box, click Dimension View . Edit the value of the dimension, click (in the Value field), and click This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specify Configurations.
How do you delete a parameter in Solidworks?
Defeature – To Remove
- Click Defeature (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Defeature.
- For multibody parts or assemblies, select the Simplify Geometry method in the PropertyManager. For single-body parts, the PropertyManager opens to the To Keep page.
- Click Next until the To Remove page appears.
How do I make two dimensions the same in Solidworks?
Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign). You must enter the equal sign to assign a global variable to the dimension.
How do you assembly a global variable in Solidworks?
Creating a Global Variable
- In the model, double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box for dimensions displays, showing the name of the dimension and the current value.
- In the second line of the Modify dialog box, enter = (equal sign). …
- Click the Create Global Variable button, or hit Enter, or click. …
How do you link variables in Solidworks?
Linking Dimension Values Using Link Values
- Right-click the dimension and select Link Values.
- In the Shared Values dialog box, select or type a Name. In addition to the linked variable names you create, global variables are also available for selection under Name. …
- Click OK. …
- Repeat for as many dimensions as needed.
How do you show variables in Solidworks?
Global variables and their current values appear:
- In the Equations dialog box.
- In the Equations folder in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Under Value/Text Expression on the Custom tab in the Summary Information dialog box.
- Under Value/Text Expression in the Weldment dialog box.
How do you set dimensions?
To configure a dimension:
- Select a feature, sketch, or mate in the FeatureManager design tree to make its dimensions visible in the graphics area.
- In the graphics area, right-click a dimension and click Configure Dimension .
- In the Modify Configurations dialog box, you can: Create new configurations.
How do you repair dimensions in Solidworks?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
How do you control dimensions in Solidworks?
To control dimensions with the context toolbar:
- Create a sketch with two lines.
- Ctrl + select two lines.
- On the context toolbar, click Make Parallel .
- Ctrl + select the two lines and select Auto Insert Dimension on the context toolbar.
- In the Modify dialog box, type a dimension.
- Click .
How do you do equations in Solidworks?
Adding a Sketch Equation
- Click Equations (Tools toolbar).
- Click Tools > Equations.
- Right-click the Equations folder in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Manage Equations.
How do you Undefine something in Solidworks?
To fully define a sketch:
- Edit a sketch.
- Click Fully Define Sketch. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Fully Define Sketch.
- Set the options for relations and dimensions in the Fully Define Sketch PropertyManager.
- Click .
How do you delete a section in Solidworks?
Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree. Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.