How do you change ordinate Dimensions?
To Create an Ordinate Dimension
- Move the UCS origin to the datum.
- Click Annotate tab Dimensions panel Dimension. Find.
- At the prompt, enter o (Ordinate).
- If you do not want jogs in the ordinate leaders, turn on Ortho mode [F8].
- Specify a point for the feature location.
- Specify a leader endpoint.
How do you continue a vertical ordinate dimension in Solidworks?
on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Vertical Ordinate. Click the first item from which all others will be measured, and click again to place the dimension. Click an item to dimension. Repeat this step until all the remaining items are dimensioned.
How do I show ordinate Dimensions in Solidworks?
To display as chain dimensions:
- Select an ordinate dimension.
- Click the Leaders tab and select Ordinate chain.
- Click . Select Display as chain dimension in Document Properties – Ordinate Dimensions to chain all ordinate dimensions in the drawing.
How do I make vertical dimensions in Solidworks?
Creating Vertical Dimensions
- Click Vertical Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Vertical. The pointer changes to .
- Click the two points to dimension. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click a location to place the dimension.
How do you use smart dimension in Solidworks?
To add a dimension to a sketch or drawing:
- Click Smart Dimension. on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. …
- Select the items to dimension, as shown in the table below. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click to place the dimension. To dimension the…
What are ordinate dimensions?
Ordinate dimensioning is used when the X and the Y coordinates, from one location, are the only dimensions necessary. … Each dimension has only one leader line and a numerical value. Ordinate dimensions do not have extension lines or arrows.
Can ordinate dimensions be basic?
We have a pattern of holes which are located using ordinate dimensions. Their tolerance zones are specified using a position tolerance frame, so the dimensions themselves are basic.
How do I use a drawing template in Solidworks?
To create a template:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- Double-click the type of template that you want to create: Part, Assembly, or Drawing.
- Click Options. …
- On the Document Properties tab, select options to customize your new document template, then click OK. …
- Click File > Save As.
How do you clear a dimension in Solidworks?
To remove a dimension from a drawing: Select a dimension and press Delete. Be careful not to delete any dimension that has a reference, such as one used in a note. Search ‘Deleting Dimensions’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you move a dimension in Solidworks?
To move or copy dimensions from one view to another view: Hold the Shift key (to move) or the Ctrl key (to copy) as you drag the dimensions into another view. Use this method to create multiple driving dimensions.