How do I delete multiple layers in Sketchup?
If you use the suggested layering convention, cleaning up the layer list is easy. Select the CAD and any other imported/extra layers, and click the Delete button on the Layer menu. The default action, Move contents to Default layer, should be selected.
How do I remove a texture in SketchUp?
How do I remove an object from a material in SketchUp? There is the option to delete materials in the Entity Info tab, but it only works in context not globally. In other words you can select all the materials painted on a component and delete them all in one go and they will be replaced with the default material.
What is the difference between group and component in SketchUp?
By definition, a Group is a single instance of a collection of geometry. A Component is a named collection of geometry that can exist at multiple locations within the model. Each instance is a repetition of all others. A change to one instance changes all other instances.
How do I merge two groups in SketchUp?
Re: How to join to groups
- Select the 2 groups [Note that you use Select+Ctrl to add to a Selection if they are difficult to select together] Then right-click context-menu ‘Group’. …
- If pre-Exploding the 2 Groups won’t clash with other geometry Select the 2 groups and Explode. …
- Select one group and Edit it.
Where is the layer tab in SketchUp?
In SketchUp Viewer, you access a model’s layers as follows: Click the Main Menu icon ( ). Click the Layers icon ( ), and the Layers tab appears, as shown in the following figure.
Can you merge layers in SketchUp?
How do I merge components in SketchUp? If you really do mean merge two (or more) Components into a Group, here’s one way: Select one component and Ctrl-Copy it. Open the other Component and Ctrl_paste the copied Component inside it. Then Explode that Component.
What is explode in SketchUp?
Explode: When you explode a component instance, you’re effectively turning it back into regular ol’ geometry. Explode is a lot like Ungroup in other software programs (in SketchUp, you use Explode to disassemble both components and groups).
What tools would you use to create accurate shadows in a 3d building model?
How to Create Accurate Shadows in Google SketchUp 8
- Orbit, zoom, and pan around until you have a good view of the part of your project you want to study.
- Choose Window→Shadows to open the Shadow Settings dialog box.
- Select the Show/Hide Shadows button to turn on SketchUp’s sun.