What is profile in Solidworks?
Structural members use profiles, for example, an angle iron. Profiles are identified by Standard, Type, and Size. You can: Create your own profiles and add them to the existing library of weldment profiles. Specify the orientation and pierce point of the profile relative to the sketch segment.
What is a detail view in Solidworks?
You create a detail view in a drawing to show a portion of a view, usually at an enlarged scale.
What are the different views in Solidworks?
Standard Drawing Views
- Standard 3 View.
- Model View. Model View creates a single view based on a predefined view orientation. …
- Exploded Views in Drawings. …
- Model Break Views Within Drawings. …
- Relative to Model View.
- Predefined Views. …
- Empty Views.
- Adding Named Views.
What are the 3 standard views in Solidworks?
The Standard 3 View option under Insert > Drawing View creates three related default orthographic (front, right, left, top, bottom, and back) views of a part or assembly displayed at the same time. The view orientations used are based on the orientations (Front, Right, and Top) in the part or assembly.
How do you use custom weldment profiles in SOLIDWORKS?
Weldments – Creating a Custom Profile
- In Save in, browse to install_dir lang language weldment profiles and select or create appropriate <standard> and <type> subfolders. See Weldments – File Location for Custom Profiles.
- In Save as type, select Lib Feat Part (*. sldlfp).
- Type a name for Filename.
- Click Save.
What is the section view?
What is a “Section View” ? ∎ A section view is a view used on a drawing to. show an area or hidden part of an object by. cutting away or removing some of that object. ∎ The cut line is called a “cutting plane”, and.
How do I move a detail view in Solidworks?
Drag the center point to change the position, or drag a side to change the size.
Modifying a Detail View
- Right-click the profile sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Edit the profile as needed to change the shape or size.
- Click Rebuild to update the detail view.
How do I use detail view?
To create a detail view:
- Click Detail View. (Drawing toolbar), or click Insert > Drawing View > Detail.
- The Detail View PropertyManager appears and the Circle tool. is active.
- Sketch a circle. …
- When the view is where you want it to be, click to place the view.
Which choice is not a standard 3D view in Solidworks?
Question: Which choice is NOT a standard 3D view in SOLIDWORKS? isometric dimetric oblique trimetric.
How do I view a Solidworks file?
To make a custom view available in all SOLIDWORKS documents:
- In a SOLIDWORKS document that contains a custom view, press the spacebar or click Orientation. (View toolbar). …
- Hover over the custom view you want to make available in all SOLIDWORKS documents. …
- Click Save View to SOLIDWORKS .
How do you add views in Solidworks?
To create named views:
- Use the Zoom and Pan tools to create the desired orientation for a drawing view or drawing sheet. For example, zoom in to a drawing view or to a title block.
- Click New View in the Orientation dialog box.
- Type a View name and click OK.