How do I export a 3D model?
- Choose what you want to export. …
- Click the menu button and select Export and then Export 3D Objects…
- Set the File Format option to Collada (*. …
- In the Source drop-down list, choose what you want to export: an object, floor, or the entire project.
- Set up the export options. …
- Type a file name and click Save.
What 3D files can SketchUp export?
What file types can I import/export with the SketchUp Pro…
- Your SketchUp Pro subscription comes with professional-level interoperability. …
- SketchUp Export: SKP, 3DS, DAE, DWG, DXF, FBX, IFC, OBJ, KMZ, STL, WRL, XSI, JPG, PNG, TIF, PDF (Mac Only ), EPS.
How do I share a 3D model in SketchUp?
How to Share Your SketchUp Model
- Navigate around (using Orbit, Zoom, and Pan) until you like the view of your model that you see in your modeling window.
- Choose File→Export→2D Graphic.
- In the Export dialog box that opens, choose JPEG from the Export Type drop-down list.
What should I save a 3D model as?
To preserve 3D model position, lighting, render mode, and cross sections, save files with 3D layers in PSD, PSB, TIFF, or PDF format. Choose File > Save or File > Save As, select Photoshop (PSD), Photoshop PDF, or TIFF format, and click OK.
Can I export with SketchUp free?
The free version won’t export any of the file types you listed. SketchUp is indeed very powerful and capable of a lot of things. The free web version is much simplified compared to the desktop versions, especially Pro. The free version won’t export any of the file types you listed.
Can SketchUp save as STL?
In SketchUp, you can import and export STL files, which are used in 3D printing. As explained in 3D Printing a Model, for a SketchUp model to become a successful 3D printout, the model needs to meet certain criteria, such as having a base and a volume and being a solid.
What file types are compatible with SketchUp?
Using SketchUp Data with Other Modeling Programs or Tools
|File Type||File Extension(s)||SketchUp Pro and Shop Only?|
|CAD files||.dwg , .dxf||PRO and SHOP only|
|Image files||.jpg , .png , .tif , .bmp , .psd , .tga , .epx , .pdf , .eps||Some file types are PRO and SHOP only|
How do I submit a 3D model?
To Send a 3D Model to a 3D Printing Service
- Open the DWG file that contains the 3D model you wish to print.
- Optimize your model for 3D printing.
- Click the Output tab 3D Print panel Send to 3D Print Service. …
- In the 3D Printing – Prepare Model for Printing dialog box, click Continue.
How can I share my SketchUp model for free?
There are two approaches:
- Share the skp file and the client needs SketchUp or the SketchUp Viewer to open it: …
- Upload the file to a 3D viewer platform and share the link with the client to view it online without installing anything.
How do I export 3D PDF?
3D models can be exported in . pdf format, so that they can be manipulated in applications such as Bluebeam’s Revu and Adobe’s Acrobat Reader.
To export a 3D PDF:
- Select File > Export > Export 3D PDF (3D only).
- Specify the options and click OK.
- Specify the export file name and destination, and then click Save.
What is 3D PDF file?
3D PDF is a PDF file with 3D geometry inside. Using any 3D PDF enabled viewer, rotation, zoom and part selection is available within the 3D view. This is often used for documentation, sharing and collaboration. … Not all PDF viewers support 3D. If in doubt, use the Adobe Reader for viewing 3D PDFs.
How do I convert SketchUp to PDF?
To export your document as a PDF, follow these steps, which reflect the selected operating system:
- From the menu bar, select File > Export > PDF. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save the PDF.
- In the File Name box, type a name for the file.
- Click the Save button.