How do I lock an external reference in Solidworks?
To lock, unlock, or break external references in the External References dialog box:
- In the FeatureManager design tree: …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do I delete an external reference in SolidWorks?
To change or remove a reference:
- Check out the parent file.
- On the Contains tab, click Edit user defined reference .
- In the Edit User-Defined File References dialog box, do one of the following: To remove a reference, clear Referenced. …
- Click OK.
- Check in the parent file.
How do I find external references in SolidWorks?
To open the External References dialog box: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the top-level assembly or a subassembly, and click External References. Lists all components and features with external references hierarchically based on the assembly structure.
How do I move a SolidWorks file without breaking references?
Right click on a part of a SolidWorks part file and open the SolidWork context menu. Select rename or move from the SolidWorks context menu. Move the file or rename the file in the prompt which appears after selecting the option you want.
How do I change references in SolidWorks assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or file name by using one of the following methods: Click a cell to change the name or path. Then, click a different cell.
What is an out of context reference solidworks?
External references may show as out-of-context until you open the externally referenced documents. … Under Dismissed messages, you see the One or more features in this part are based on other documents.
What is an external reference in Solidworks?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do you break links in Solidworks drawing?
Breaking the Link from the Original Part File
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the inserted third-party native CAD file and click Break Link.
- In the dialog box, click one of the following: Yes, break the link (cannot be undone) . Breaks the link of the inserted part file from the original file.
How do you fix a broken reference?
You can repair a broken reference by replacing it with a reference to another file from the vault or a reference to a file that is outside the vault. For example, you may not be able to locate a broken reference in the vault by using Find File.
How do I recover a drawing in SOLIDWORKS?
When you start SOLIDWORKS after the system has terminated unexpectedly, any available auto-recovered documents are listed under Document Recovery on the SOLIDWORKS Recovery tab of the Task Pane. You can save an auto-recovered document either by replacing the original file or by creating a new file.