Can you lock elements in Revit?
Revit Architecture displays a pushpin control near the element to indicate that it is pinned in place. To move or delete the element, you must first unlock it by clicking the pushpin control. Click the pushpin again to lock the element.
How do you manage parameters in Revit?
Create Project Parameters
- Click Manage tab Settings panel (Project Parameters).
- In the Project Parameters dialog, click Add.
- In the Parameter Properties dialog, select Project parameter.
- Enter a name for the project parameter. …
- Select a discipline.
- Select the parameter type.
How do I lock a line in Revit?
Use Pins to Lock Elements in Place
- Select the elements to be pinned, and then click Modify | <Element> tab Modify panel (Pin).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Pin), select the elements to be pinned, and then press Enter .
How do you lock an extrusion in Revit?
While in a sketch mode (or after finishing the sketch), a line in an extrusion can be locked with the reference plane it’s on top of by using the align tool to click both lines and then clicking the lock icon (see Figure 11).
How do you lock a wall size in Revit?
Select an element that the dimension references. Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. Click the lock control to unlock the dimension so that you can change it.
How do you lock a column in Revit?
Lock Columns to a Grid
- Select the columns to lock to the grid.
- On the Properties palette, under the Constraints section, select the following: Vertical Columns: Moves with Grids. …
- Click Apply. Locked vertical columns may still be moved and modified but they will proportionately move with the grid if it is repositioned.
What is pinning in Revit?
Use the Pin tool to lock a modeling component in place. When you pin a modeling component, it cannot be moved. If you try to delete a pinned component, Revit Architecture warns you that the component is pinned. … Revit Architecture displays a pushpin control near the component to indicate that it is pinned in place.
How do you lock a DWG in Revit?
Click Modify tab > Modify panel > (Pin), select the elements to be pinned, and then press Enter.
Using Pin to Lock Elements in Place
- When you pin a modelling element e.g. a wall or floor, it cannot be moved.
- If you try to delete a pinned element, Revit warns you that the element is pinned.
What are Revit parameters?
Parameters are used to show and control an element’s information and properties. You can create custom parameters for each category/element in the projects and sort schedules based on the parameter data. Within Revit, there are three types of parameters: project, global and shared.
What is a project parameter in Revit?
Project parameters are containers for information you define and then add to multiple categories of elements in a project. Project parameters are specific to the project and cannot be shared with other projects.
What is shared parameter in Revit?
NBS BIM Object Shared Parameters for Autodesk® Revit
Shared parameters are parameters that you can add to families or projects and then share with other families and projects. You can add specific data that has not been predefined in the family file or the project template.
How do I unlock Revit?
Lock or Unlock a Form Profile
- Select a locked form.
- Click Modify | Form Element tab Modify Form panel (Unlock Profiles).
How do you pin a floor plan in Revit?
Create a Plan View
- Click View tab Create panel Plan Views drop-down, and then click. (Floor Plan) …
- In the New Plan dialog: For Type, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type. …
- Click OK.
How do you lock geometry to a reference line?
Constrain Family Geometry
- Use the Align tool and select the specific reference plane and the sketch line to establish the constraint.
- When the lock symbol displays, click it to lock the constraint.