How do you make an extrusion surface?
So, extrusions create surfaces by tracing a profile curve along a path, which is usually a straight line, not always but usually straight. And extrusion commands are listed under the Surface, Extrude Curve menu. We can also access them under the Surface icon.
Can you extrude up to a plane in Solidworks?
Click Insert > Surface > Extrude. Select a face: To extrude from a 3D face, select a 3D face. To extrude from a 2D face, press Alt + select the planar face.
How do you thicken a surface in Solidworks?
To thicken a surface:
- Click Thicken (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken.
- In the graphics area, select a Surface to Thicken .
- In the PropertyManager, under Thicken Parameters, select the side of the surface you want to thicken.
How do you extrude from one sketch to another?
Extrude the Two Sketch Profiles
- Click Model tab Create panel Extrude on the ribbon, or press E to invoke the Extrude command. …
- Select the two sketch profiles.
- After selecting the profiles, the in-canvas display appears in the graphics window. …
- Click the flyout arrow on the Operation button and select the Cut option .
How do you cut a surface in Solidworks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
How do you extrude in Inventor 2021?
Click 3D Model tab Create panel Extrude . If there is only one profile in the sketch, it is selected automatically. Otherwise, select a sketch profile. Select the face, work plane, or surface from which to start the extrusion.